Hello hello! It’s December 31st, also known as the year when people scramble around trying to find something to do for midnight but secretly just want to stay home and snuggle with their dog. Needless to say, Ryan and I have no plans yet and it will probably be a spur of the moment trip to Des Moines. I’m still in my PJs.
Anywho, as is custom to do, the end of the year is for remembering the awesomeness that was the past year and planning for the year ahead. I wanted to do this with a series of Top 5 lists (listed in no particular order), so here we go.
Top 5 memories of 2014:
- Hanna’s and dad’s birthday, superhero and battle themed
- Oregon trip, of course!
- First year anniversary
- Training and really getting into running
- First day in the new house
Top 5 Accomplishments of 2014:
- first half-marathon
- starting my blog
- buying our first house
- learning new cooking techniques
- slowly learning to not get stressed if something doesn’t get crossed off the to-do list
Top 5 randoms of 2014:
- going to two ISU games
- winning my Fantasy Football League
- gChats with the family, great screenshots
- mowing the lawn for the first time ever haha
- went ice fishing and caught a weird looking fish
Top 5 Funniest pics of the year
Resolutions for 2015, mainly things that I’ve been working on slowly and want to make more progress on
- eat more veggies
- get more in contact with friends (cals, trips, etc)
- more facetime/gchat calls with family, we kinda forget that this beautiful invention exists
- get a concrete savings plan/goal
- be more active
Things to do in 2015, may or may no be part of my 30 Before 30
- another half-marathon?
- family planning
- learn new techniques for the blog
- educate myself on opening a business
- relax/chill out
I hope that wherever the New Year welcomes you, that you know you’re loved and that the coming year brings you lots of unexpected and wonderful memories.
Happy New Year!