Hello Friday! Hopefully it’s finding you in good spirits. This weekend Ryan and I are heading to his hometown to visit his dad who’s having knee surgery today. As a special little treat, I made some lemon bars. I remember loving them as a child and have wanted to make them for some time now. Upon talking to my sisters, they don’t remember having them before. So these bars might just be a delicious figment of my imagination, but I doubt it.
They’re actually quite simple to make. First mix sugar, flour and butter.
Bake in a 8×8 pan for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Mix the sugar, flour and baking powder for the filling.
Add the eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind. Enjoy the smells of lemon because it’s delicious.
Pour over baked crust and bake for 20 minutes.
While cooling make icing with powdered sugar and lemon juice.
Pour over still warm bars.
Let cool completely before cutting and enjoying. They’re amazing!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, flour and powdered sugar. Pat down on an 8×8 pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- While crust is in the oven, mix sugar, flour and baking powder. Add eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Pour over crust and bake for 20 minutes, or until edges are brown and mix is set.
- While bars are cooling, whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice to create a glaze. Pour over bars while still warm.
- Let cool completely and enjoy.
What’s your favorite lemon recipe?