Good morning! Spring is definitely blooming over here. After the rain on Saturday and the sunshine for the next two days, the crabapples and lilacs are in full bloom. I for sure appreciated the beauty and aroma during my run yesterday. Simply gorgeous!
Another thing that’s gorgeous? The Coconut Lime Cookies I’m sharing with you today. I must say, they turned out to be one of my all time favorite cookies. Simply amazing. They are super soft and just sweet enough. Perfect combination of flavors.
I splurged a little and went with organic coconut, not because it’s organic, but because it was unsweetened. You can’t find that in the baking isle.
First up, whisk sugar, softened cream cheese and lime zest in a bowl.
Next, add the warm butter and stir.
Follow by adding the eggs, milk and lime juice. Once mixed, the mixture will become nice and shiny.
Mix in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut.
Finally, add the flour to create dough.
Form dough into 1 inch balls.
Coat with powdered sugar and place in a prepared baking sheet (parchment paper works best).
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Let cool a bit before transferring to a drying rack. Once they’ve cooled down a bit, I like to give them a second coating of powdered sugar. You can tell the difference between then in the picture below.
Completely cool before transferring to an airtight container.
Seriously, these are divine.
Coconut Lime Cookies
makes 12-15 cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and warm
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powder sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, cream cheese, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Mix in warm butter.
- Add egg, milk, and lime juice.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Add flour and mix with rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and coat them in powder sugar. Place in cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly in cookie rack and recoat with powdered sugar.
- Cool completely before enjoying and storing.
Recipe adapted from Will Cook for Smiles’ Chewy Lime Coconut Cookies.