Good morning and Happy Wednesday! As you may know, fall is just around the corner and pumpkin everything is among us, like it or not. I’m not regularly obsessed with pumpkin anything, but I do love a good pumpkin bar every now and then. My mother-in-law has had this recipe for a while now and I thought I would share it with you. I would have to say that the hardest part about it is finding pumpkin puree this time of year. Seriously, it just flies off the shelves.
First up, mix in some sugar and vegetable oil.
Next, add the eggs and pumpkin.
Finally, all the dry ingredients go into the bowl until completely mixed in.
Pour into a prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven, or until toothpick comes out dry. Let cool completely.
Out of the oven, it’ll look like this. Ryan had to check it for me so he inserted a whole knife in it, which is totally fine too since it’s going to get frosted anyways.
Cream together frosting ingredients and spread over completely cooled cake.
Cut into bars and enjoy! The flavor is perfect and the bars end up super moist. Delish!
Note: the recipe can be doubles and baked in a 9×13 pan.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg, ginger and ground cloves
- 1 1/2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and oil until mixed well.
- Add eggs and pumpkin and blend.
- Stir in flour and spices and mix until no clumps present.
- Pour into a 8×11 prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, butter, vanilla, milk and sugar and spread over bars once completely cool. Enjoy!