Hello! How has your year been so far? Mine has been pretty much all over the place, from ups with family to lows with Boone (more on that later). I’m braving myself for everything coming this year and decided that my motto for this year will be to enjoy every moment and always look at the bright side of life.
As far as the past year, must say that it was a pretty great one. From seeing my family often (the most in a year I’ve seen them in a long long time), finding out the Ayers’ household is soon expanding, running another half and making this house a home, 2015 was pretty great. So let’s review.
Top 5 memories of 2015:
- Finding out we’re expecting
- British Virgin Islands trip, best vacation ever!
- All the yoga and running, keeping the mind sane
- First hosted Thanksgiving
- Boone’s knee surgery and recovery
Top 5 Accomplishments of 2015:
- getting pregnant
- running a second half-marathon
- making chocolate mouse from scratch, can’t wait to try it again!
- refinishing our hardwood floors
- reading so many great books, the most I’ve read in a long time
Top 5 randoms of 2015:
- tons of fishing trips
- Boone on a boat, so fun
- two wedding mini college reunions
- seeing my besties twice this year!
- surprise Chicago trip
Top 5 craft posts of the year:
Resolutions for 2015, how did I do?
- eat more veggies: better, but not the best yet
- get more in contact with friends: yep! definitely saw and visited our friends more often. Loved it!
- more facetime/gchat calls with family: a little better, saw them a lot in trips this year though
- get a concrete savings plan/goal: still working on it, but getting better
- be more active: as much as I could!
My goals for 2016:
- have and raise a healthy baby
- enjoy every moment, even the challenging ones
- keep more in touch with family and friends
- write on my journal at least once a week
- stay active
- accomplish my daily tasks, but remember to relax
Hope you have a wonderful year full of love and wonderful adventures!
Happy New Year!