Have I got a nice light and yummy recipe for you! The other night I was planning on making some sesame chicken for dinner. The day had other plans for me though. It was so gorgeous outside that dinner begged to be grilled, so I modified the recipe and made it BBQ friendly. It turned out pretty delicious.
First, you want to make the marinade by whisking honey, sesame seeds, soy sauce, garlic and sesame seed oil in a bowl.
Add in bite-size pieces of chicken and let marinade for a couple of house, or just before grilling.
Arrange the chicken in skewers to grill.
Make sure to coat your BBQ with olive oil and grill chicken until it’s cooked through.
Serve over brown rice and steamed broccoli topped with chopped green onions. A side of grilled pineapples goes great with this meal.
It’s light and tasty. Perfect for summer.
BBQ Sesame Chicken
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- brown rice and steamed broccoli, as desired
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- Whisk honey, sesame seeds, sesame seed oil, soy sauce and garlic in a bowl.
- Mix in chicken pieces and marinade for a few hours.
- Skewer and grill chicken until cooked through.
- Serve over brown rice and broccoli with chopped green onions on top. If desired, drizzle with additional soy sauce.